Let’s make your first chapter irresistible!
~Romance & Women’s Fiction Only~
Despite having twenty plus novels published, I still know how nerve-wracking it is to submit that first chapter to an agent or publisher. Unfortunately, this NEVER gets any easier!
Excluding the synopsis, it is the first example of how well you can write and how captivating the potential of your novel. This is the first introduction of what you have to offer – it has to grab the agent or editor immediately.
There are thousands of aspiring writers on this journey with you and only so many books published each month. I want to be of service. I want to pay it forward as so many published authors have done for me over the years. So, as a brand new venture, I am offering my expertise and enthusiasm to do all I can to help you towards your dream of becoming a published romance or women’s fiction novelist.
I promise to be candid and as helpful as possible.
I promise to look at your characterisation, dialogue, setting and points of view.
I promise I will dedicate my time and experience to your most precious work in a bid to secure your success.
Let’s work together to make the first chapter of your novel SHINE!
- Submit your first chapter once it’s the best it can be…
- Up to 3,500 words
- Romance and women’s fiction only
My Service to You…
- I will use track changes to make suggestions and provide advice directly onto the manuscript pages PLUS write a 2-3 page detailed report citing problem areas, highlighting strengths and weaknesses and, where I think appropriate, alternative phrasing and/or character motivation.
- Once I receive your chapter, I will email to acknowledge receipt and endeavour to get my critique and report back to you 1 MONTH from receipt.
- A one-off fee of £25.00 (approximately $30.00 USD)
- Open to UK & US citizens
- With the nature of this product being creative consultation, refunds are unavailable for this service.
“I was very happy with the first chapter service. Not only did Rachel proofread pages thoroughly, she also helpfully highlighted areas I could work on, such as sentence tightening and overuse of adverbs. In addition, she pointed out my strengths, which was really encouraging for me. I would definitely recommend her service as I feel it’s really strengthened my opening, in preparation for submission.” ~Emma – Edinburgh
Click to Purchase!
Check out securely with PayPal.
Once I receive payment, I will reach out to you via email. From there, you will send me your first chapter, and the creative collaboration begins!
If you’ve reached out to me via email directly already, this is your payment portal. ?
Please allow 24-48 hours M-F for me to confirm I’ve received payment and/or your first chapter.
Thank you! x